Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shipping Assistant Journey Planner is responsible for assisting with the complete operations of the Shipping Department including the organization of the work for warehouse and yard staff.
- Working in BisTrack software.
- Responsible for maintaining the Journey Planner, scheduling and communicating with all truck drivers, forklift operators, yard and warehouse staff.
- Ensure orders are accurately filled and loaded to daily requirements.
- Performing quality check on all loads, identify short shipments and correct or advise as needed.
- Monitor and distribute workloads ensuring accurate on time shipping.
- Serve customer pickups in a timely and professional fashion.
- Enter stock transfers, follow-up.
- Liaise with Operations Manager ensuring fleet maintenance is up to date at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining security of yard and safety of staff and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BisTrack software and Journey Planner experience or similar an asset.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Strong management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Provincial Workplace Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of lumber and or building supplies.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multitask and remain on schedule.