Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position will ensure orders are delivered to an identified location in a safe, timely and professional manner. We have a newer fleet and are looking for the right addition to our customer service focused, professional driving team.
- Pre-trip inspections are to be completed prior to start of shift.
- Ensure orders are accurately filled and loaded to daily requirements.
- Quality check all loads.
- Check load ensuring weight restrictions are met and load is secured.
- Drive truck in a safe manner ensuring all laws and regulations are met and/or followed.
- Deliver product to destination, ensure safe placement of vehicle on property, unload or assist in unloading of materials.
- Answer customer questions or direct concerns to appropriate staff.
- Return to site for site clean up, salvage material, load and unload materials to appropriate yard area.
- Ensure sales orders are returned, filed and forwarded to the shipping office.
- Check purchase order against bill of lading and identify short shipments.
- Phone in to Shipper when you are done your last delivery/pick up.
- Other duties as required.
- Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented with superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, professional, positive attitude, problem solving ability.
- Capable of adapting to change readily.
- Knowledge of building materials, picking orders, loading and unloading, as well as lumber delivery experience.
- A team player with a strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent knowledge of the city, surrounding area and a clean driving record.